Forget Counting Sheep: Recite These Mantras for Better Sleep

Please Wait

"Before going to sleep, before each night, forgive everything and sleep with a peaceful heart." Anonymous

I don't think I'm the only one with trouble sleeping at night. In fact, I go to bed around midnight and get up at 7 am; however, yes or yes, I wake up once or twice during the night. The result is that I feel tired and need to sleep in the afternoon.

I sleep better now than I did a few years ago. That's because some of my dogs climb into my bed at night. I am not saying that it is healthy, hygienic and that I recommend it; everyone is free to choose the best way to rest. What I will admit is that your company makes my anxiety and night terrors lessen.

It's clear to me that my sleep problems have to do with the level of stress and anxiety I deal with every day.

Effective techniques to sleep peacefully

There are many ways to sleep without using medication. Many people often exercise and take a hot shower, and this helps them sleep fully. There are also those who practice yoga or meditation as relaxing and stress-releasing techniques.

Some doctors also recommend not overeating before bed. It is also recommended not to drink caffeinated beverages about 2 hours before going to bed.

 

There are many things you can do to rest completely at night and have good sleep hygiene.

Some of these practices involve spiritual beliefs that are unusual for the Western world, but which are widely used in the East. Best of all, they are centuries old and have a lot of implicit wisdom. I speak of the repetition of mantras. Whoever meditates, knows their power.

Well, mantras have multiple uses in daily life. I can even say that, without realizing it, you make use of phrases of your own creation that can be considered mantras; the problem is that you use them in the least positive sense of everyday life.

What is a mantra?

The word mantra is in Sanskrit, the union between the words “mind” and “tra”, which means “liberation”.

A mantra then references phrases, words or sounds that help people to free their minds. Some beliefs attribute a liberating spiritual power to mantras. Adepts of the practice point out that, through these sounds, words or chants,

 

They can live in peace and harmony.

The power of mantras is to make the human mind and body relax. This causes the person to enter into a meditative state; therefore, obtain the peace that is required to free yourself from the daily pressure.

With the above said, today I will recommend some mantras that you can use to get to sleep and thus rest peacefully.

1 I release everything that happened today

There's no denying it, we often go to bed carrying all the worries of the day. No one can sleep peacefully carrying so much weight on them.

This phrase helps to get rid of all work or household burdens; those that fill your head and don't leave your mind in peace.

2 I am grateful for everything that has happened and now I am willing to rest

We all know that being grateful is one of the best attitudes a person can have. We should even be grateful for the most negative situations that arise. The reason? They leave us learning that will serve us throughout our lives.

Giving thanks brings peace and helps you see the blessings you receive. Having this knowledge, one way or another, helps you feel at peace and sleep better.

3 I enter a moment of deep sleep that belongs only to me

With this phrase, you “give” an intimate moment that you deserve and don't owe anyone. Nothing is more pleasant than knowing that no one can take that away from you, it's your right and needs.

4 I grant myself permission to sleep soundly

Similar to the previous mantra, this one helps you give yourself “permission” to sleep peacefully without anyone disturbing you.

Believe it or not, there are people who willingly sacrifice their hours of sleep. They do it because they feel they don't deserve it if they don't meet certain goals that day. Doing so is harmful to the human body; unfortunately, many only realize this when it is too late.

Advertisement

5 I accept my tiredness and it helps me to rest better

Recognizing that you're exhausted from all you've done during the day should be enough to get you to sleep. Sometimes tiredness helps you fall into a deep sleep in a short time; however, other times the opposite can happen.

Despite this, the mantra helps you to accept your situation of exhaustion, release and lead to a pleasant sleep.

6 I feel peace because I was able to do everything that needed to be done today

This mantra can be what allows you to feel satisfied for your daily accomplishments. Knowing that, on that day, you did everything you set out to do generates satisfaction; so your reward for your effort is sleep.

Comments :

Post a Comment